Tulsa Development Authority – Office Assistant
Office Assistant Responsibilities:
Maintain office operations by receiving and distributing communications; maintain supplies and equipment; update the TDA website; pick up and deliver items to City of Tulsa Staff; customer service skills; and such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the TDA Executive Director.
Office Assistant Job Duties:
- A highly organized assistant to help coordinate the complex network of contracts, organizations, deadlines and day-to-day functions of the Tulsa Development Authority
- Exceptional minute-taking skills for Public Meetings; detailed skills for note-taking for accuracy of information
- Forward information by receiving and distributing communication; collection and mail correspondence; copy information
- Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
- Maintain computer equipment by completing preventive maintenance; trouble-shooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operations; monitoring and supplies
- Maintain office schedule by picking up and delivering items using automobile (with mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle).
- Serve customers by backing up receptionist; answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming customer orders; keeping customers informed of order status
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add to job accomplishments
- Must possess strong computer skills in WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT
- Welcoming interaction with the public and must enjoy meeting new people.
- Attendance at meetings and presentations outside of normal business hours when requested by TDA Executive Director to provide assistance and support to TDA related interests.
- Must be an independent worker, able to manage projects by prioritizing task, calendaring benchmark dates and planning for the necessary research and development content
- Writing skills will need to include composing business correspondence, drafting a variety of documents, summarizing reports. research and writing analyses of collected date
- Ability to receive direction from, and provide support to, the TDA Executive Director in the performance of his job duties and responsibilities.
How to apply:
If your skill set matches the qualities required for this position, please submit your resume together with a cover letter to the TDA Office for consideration by August 10, 2018.
Please submit hard copies of your cover letter and resumes to the TDA office by August 10, 2018 or email the information to Carol Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.